Abstracts for the 2022 meeting of the Behavior Genetics Association were due April 4, 2022 at 11:59pm in Los Angeles (Pacific Daylight Time in the US).
Poster presenters, please see this document for instructions!
You can submit, as the presenting author:
- 1 abstract for consideration as an oral presentation, or
- 1 abstract for consideration as an oral presentation + 1 abstract for consideration as a poster presentation, or
- 1 abstract for consideration as an oral presentation + 1 abstract as a presenter/chair/discussant in a symposium, or
- up to 2 abstracts for consideration as poster presentations
There is no limit to the number of presentations you can be a co-author/non-presenting author on.
- TITLE: Maximum 50 words
- FULL AUTHOR LIST: Authors (including consortia authors) need to be listed in the correct order. Make sure you have the first name, last name and middle initial.
- AFFILIATIONS: Include department/group, University/Institute, City, State and Country e.g. Department of Psychology, University of Chicago, Chicago, Illinois, USA
- KEYWORDS: Up to 5 key words.
- ABSTRACT: Abstracts are limited to 250 words, including citations and references (if needed).
- All citations included in the abstract must have a corresponding reference (and vice versa)
- If you chose to include citations/references they must be in this format:
- Citation Style:
One author: (Ottman 1996)
Two authors: (Haworth and Davis 2014)
Three or more authors: (Assary et al. 2017)
- Reference Style:
Journal article: Constantino JN, Todd RD (2000) Genetic structure of reciprocal social behavior. Am J Psychiatry 157(12):2043-2045
Book chapter: Neale MC (2009) Biometrical models in behavior genetics. In: Kim Y-K (ed) Handbook of Behavior Genetics. Springer, New York, pp 15-33
Complete book: Armitage P, Berry G , Matthews JNS (2002) Statistical methods in medical research, 4th edn. Blackwell Science, Oxford
- Citation Style:
- GRANT SUPPORT: If applicable.
Additional instructions for symposium submissions:
- All symposia must have 4 speakers + a chair or discussant. One of the speakers may act as chair or discussant.
- The speakers can not all come from the same group
- When forming a symposium you are strongly advised to consider the diversity of speakers with regard to gender, ethnicity, seniority and location.
- The symposium submission should be completed once, that is 1 person makes the submission and submits all 4 abstracts in one go.
Important things to know:
- The easiest way to submit an abstract is to prepare it in a word or text document and then paste the information into the submission portal.
- Accepted abstracts will be published in the Behavior Genetics journal, and as such you need to follow the format used by the journal – please follow the instructions provided below, abstracts that do not follow these instructions will not be accepted.
- Make sure to spell check before you start the submission process. The abstracts will not be copy edited.
Characters such as β and α can be used in your abstract/title. The best way to do this is to copy the characters in from your word/text document.
Italics, superscript and subscript fonts can be specified using html notation (remember to put the / in the end format tag)
Subscript <sub> </sub>
Superscript <sup> </sup>
For example the sentence:
Our study found rs11205303 located within the <i>MTMR11</i> gene was associated with childhood height (<i>P</i> = 2.34*10<sup>-16</sup>) and we found a strong genetic correlation between childhood and adult height (R<sub>G</sub>=.78, <i>P</i> = 1.86*10<sup>-20</sup>).
Will be displayed as follows after the abstracts are processed:
Our study found rs11205303 located within the MTMR11 gene was associated with childhood height (P = 2.34*10-16) and we found a strong genetic correlation between childhood and adult height (RG=.78, P = 1.86*10-20).
- At the end of the survey you will be emailed a link that will allow you to edit your abstract. You can make changes to your abstract until the submission deadline.
- After the conference you will be able to submit an updated version of your abstract. The deadline for submission of an updated abstract is 3 weeks after the conference ends. To submit an updated abstract you will need to use the link that you were emailed when you completed your submission.