Special issue on providing causal explanations in personality research
BGA-ers might wish to submit proposals to a special issue that welcomes concrete novel proposals that can advance causal interpretations in the context of current personality research (or make a well-argued case for why causal interpretations are currently impossible now or forever). Proposals of research designs, statistical models, to conceptual models are acceptable. Empirical examples are important. While these may be published, the ideas ought currently be unpublished.
More details here (pdf): Call ends Dec 2 2016.
The Genetics and Epigenetics Cross Cutting Research Team of the National Institute on Drug Abuse invites you to submit an abstract for the December 1-2, 2016 NIDA Genetics Consortium meeting at NIDA headquarters, 6001 Executive Blvd, Rockville, MD 20850.
Congratulations to the following people who were awarded at the BGA 2016 meeting!
- Rowe Award: Milana Smolkina
- Thompson Award: Robert Maier
- Fuller-Scott Award: Sara Hart
- Fulker Award: Daniel Briley
- Dobzhansky Award: Jaakko Kaprio
- Shields Award: John Hewitt
Great summer course in statistical genetics from 6 to 17 February 2017, organized by Peter Visscher et al in Brisbane. Find more information here!
Want to become a behavioral geneticist? Look here for opportunities!
Follow this link to find some nice pictures of this year’s annual BGA meeting in San Diego, and previous ones in Marseille, Edinburgh and Newport!
Congratulations to the following people who were awarded at the BGA 2015 meeting!
- Rowe Award: Megan Flom
- Thompson Award: Baptiste Couvy-Duchesne
- Fuller-Scott Award: Paige Harden and Elliott Tucker-Drobb
- Fulker Award: Lindon Eaves
- Dobzhansky Award: Hill Goldsmith
- FABBS Early Career Award: Brian d’Onofrio
- Shields Award: Juko Ando