2018 Applications open for Tinbergen Institute Summer School
Introduction in Genome-Wide Data Analysis | July 23-27, 2018
Application Deadline: June 19, 2018
TINBERGEN INSTITUTE | VU AMSTERDAM | ERASMUS UNIVERSITY ROTTERDAM
Tinbergen Institute, VU Amsterdam, and Erasmus University Rotterdam offer a unique one-week summer school in genome-wide data analysis in Amsterdam, the Netherlands.
Short subject description
The goal of the summer school is to introduce researchers from various fields to key concepts, state-of-the-art methods, and computer tools in statistical genetics that can be applied in the social and medical sciences.
THIS YEAR’S BGA ANNUAL MEETING TOOK PLACE IN BOSTON, June 20-23, WITH LOCAL HOST BEN NEALE
Highlights of the program were keynotes by Professors Hill Goldsmith, Mark Daly, Elise Robinson, and Bill Iacono. You can find the program HERE.
We congratulate the following BG members that were awarded:
- Thompson Award: Fleur Meddens
- Rowe Award: Spencer Huggett
- Fulker Award: Pierre Roubertoux et al. (doi: 10.1007/s10519-017-9835-5)
- Fuller Scott Award: Lucia Colodro Conde, Scott Vrieze
- Dobzhansky Award: Margaret Gatz
- FABBS Award: Karin Verweij
We are pleased to announce the NIDA and OBSSR funded Advanced Genetic Epidemiology Statistical Workshop to be held October 23-27 2017 in Richmond, Virginia.
Hermine Maes and Mike Neale
May 2, 2017, New NIH Approach to Grant Funding Aimed at Optimizing Stewardship of Taxpayer Dollars
Today we want to put forward a new approach to making sure that we are exercising optimum stewardship of the funds that we receive from taxpayers. We will be discussing this approach with our Advisory Councils over the next few weeks, and so we wanted to provide this broad public description.
BGA Executive Committee has co-signed the following NDD (non-defense discretionary) and FABBS open letters. These letters express concerns on scientific budget costs, and the impact that the recent Executive Order on Immigration in the US will have on science and scientific progress including research, training, innovation.
The 47th Behavior Genetics Annual Meeting was held in Oslo, Norway, from June 28th to July 1st, 2017.
The Opening Reception was in the beautiful Oslo City Hall, with a warm word of welcome from the Mayor of Oslo, Marianne Borgen. You can find the program HERE.
During the banquet the following BGA members were awarded! Congratulations to:
- Rowe: Laurence Tanguay-Garneau
- Thompson: Emily Smith-Woolley
- Fuller-Scott: Karen Verweij
- Fulker: Jenae Neiderhiser and Valerie Knopik
- Dobzhansky: William G (Bill) Iacono
And we thank the following members who donated for travel bursaries: Anna Docherty and Michael Stallings.
Congratulations to the following people who were awarded at the BGA 2016 meeting!
- Rowe Award: Milana Smolkina
- Thompson Award: Robert Maier
- Fuller-Scott Award: Sara Hart
- Fulker Award: Daniel Briley
- Dobzhansky Award: Jaakko Kaprio
- Shields Award: John Hewitt