Hayes, Inc., an internationally recognized leader in health technology research and consulting, is dedicated to the delivery of high-quality healthcare and improved outcomes through the integration of evidence into decision making and policy development. The unbiased information and comparative-effectiveness analyses we provide enable evidence-based decisions about acquiring, managing, and paying for health technologies. Our worldwide clients include hospitals, healthcare systems, government agencies, health plans, and employers. We currently seek a full-time Medical Research Analyst for our Genetics product line.
The successful candidates will possess:
- Graduate level training (PhD preferred, MS, MSc, MPH, or ScD) or equivalent expertise in genetics, genetic counseling, molecular biology, epidemiology, or biostatistics
- Strong scientific background and knowledge of clinical trial and other study designs, biostatistics, epidemiology, biomedical terminology, and clinical medicine. Knowledge and/or experience of genetic tests is required .
- Basic understanding of systematic review and/or health technology assessment (HTA) methodology necessary; prior experience in performing HTAs or systematic reviews preferred
- Experience searching scientific literature databases such as PubMed and EMBASE
Skills, Knowledge & Aptitude–
- Excellent analytical skills; ability to organize and evaluate complex clinical trial data and statistical analyses, and ability summarize findings in a standardized report template
- Skilled in terminology and methods relevant to epidemiology, genetics, clinical medicine, and healthcare outcomes research
- Skilled in performing comprehensive literature searches of all appropriate databases
- Excellent writing skills; ability to communicate well in the English language, including excellent grammar and spelling
- Ability to work well independently and meet deadlines
- Ability to contribute in a team setting
- Ability to grow, manage, and thrive through change—both as it applies to others and to oneself
- Knowledge of the healthcare industry preferred; curiosity about client and prospect needs (in all channels and market segments)
- Proactive, effective communication and interpersonal skills necessary to collaborate in cross-functional teams as well as to engage as part of a remote team
- Outstanding organizational, prioritization, and time management skills to manage projects; works within budgets and schedules with flexibility and creatively mitigate risks
- Exceptional proficiency with basic computer applications (specifically Microsoft Office 2010 or above—Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and EndNote); ability to manage files and work within a digital environment comfortably; experience with references management software is strongly desired
- Passion for helping our clients improve healthcare outcomes
- Searching Electronic Databases and Internet Resources—Develop an efficient and effective search strategy using PICOs, conduct a comprehensive search of all appropriate databases (e.g. PubMed, EMBASE); document the search strategy with special emphasis on keywords, and selection criteria
- Study Selection–Work with the content editor to determine the appropriate study selection criteria for inclusion in reports; select studies with the strongest study design, such as well-controlled studies with clinically meaningful endpoints published in the peer-reviewed medical literature for analysis
- Preparing HTA Reports –Analyze the selected studies; abstract data into evidence tables, evaluate the quality of individual studies and the strength of the evidence, synthesize the evidence in a comprehensive HTA report, and assign a HAYES Rating; manage deadlines for HTA reports; identify graphics and prepare graphic request forms; interact with content editors, tech editors, and production support
- Maintaining Documents and Records — Maintain thorough records that relate to own production of HTA reports (including all decisions related to study selection) and transfer complete documentation to a cloud-based document storage system
Additional responsibilities that may be assigned as determined by the Product Manager or Hayes leadership will include, but are not limited to, the following–
- Support Clinical Customer Support–Work with Clinical Customer Support staff to manage inquiries regarding HTA reports and topics; this may include fulfilling Synopses requests and/or participating in client calls as needed]
- Custom reports or projects for specific clients in the payer, provider, or government market as needed
- Development of, presentation, and/or participation in educational webinars
- Participation in product enhancement and/or new product development initiatives
- Support for the Sales, Marketing, Account Services, and/or Client Fulfillment Services teams
- Contribution to proposal development
- Participation in collaborative and cross-functional committees or working groups as needed
We offer a flexible working environment and the opportunity to work from home within the United States. We provide a comprehensive benefits package that includes medical, dental, life insurance, short- and long-term disability, 401(k) retirement savings plan, and generous paid time off benefits.
Qualified applicants must be legally authorized to work in the US without requiring sponsorship.
Please visit the Career Section of our website to apply, or simply click Medical Research Analyst-Genetics to be taken to our online recruitment portal.
Applicants with a disability that prevents them from using the online application process may email firstname.lastname@example.org or call 215-855-0615 for assistance.