The BGA organizes an annual meeting where new findings and methods in behavioral genetic research are shared during symposia and poster sessions, alongside keynote addresses by leading experts in the field. In addition to this excellent update of scientific progress, the BGA meeting is a fantastic opportunity to exchange ideas, maximize your scientific network, explore new collaborations, and meet and greet during social events.
This year’s annual BGA meeting will take place June 17-20 at the Omni Hotel in San Diego, California, USA. Local Hosts: Bill Kremen and Carol Franz. Please follow this link to register. Rooms at the Omni Hotel can be reserved at the conference rate of $179 for a single/double. You must book by May 26 to receive the conference rate.
- Opening reception: Wednesday evening [7-9 p.m.]. Location: Omni hotel, open space terrace, by the pool, on one of the upper floors
- Scientific sessions: Thursday through Saturday
- Closing banquet: Saturday evening
San Diego is beautifully located at the seaside and has lots to offer. Find here all information about transportation, the weather in June, bars and restaurants, things to do, see, and enjoy!
- Poster presenters: Poster can be no larger than 4′ x 4 ‘ (121.92 x 121.92 centimeters). We will be providing pushpins.
- Oral paper sessions and symposia: We will not be providing laptop computers this year. The chair of each session should be prepared to bring his/her laptop for use by each presenter (or to coordinate with another presenter in the session to use their laptop). Please be prepared to bring your own laptop computer as well as your presentation on a flash drive. In order to facilitate timely transfer of presentations to the main session laptop, please arrive at your session at 15 minutes early.
Future BGA Meetings
- The 2016 BGA meeting will be hosted in Brisbane, Australia. Local Host: Sarah Medland. ISTS satellite meeting June 20; BGA scientific sessions June 21-23
- The 2017 BGA meeting will be hosted in Oslo, Norway.
- The 2018 BGA meeting will be hosted in Boston, Massachusetts, USA. Local host: Ben Neale.
Past BGA Meetings
If you want to see the past BGA Meetings, visit pages in the category meetings
Historical table of BGA Meetings
Visit the page