The 47th Behavior Genetics Annual Meeting was held in Oslo, Norway, from June 28th to July 1st, 2017.
The Opening Reception was in the beautiful Oslo City Hall, with a warm word of welcome from the Mayor of Oslo, Marianne Borgen. You can find the program HERE.
During the banquet the following BGA members were awarded! Congratulations to:
- Rowe: Laurence Tanguay-Garneau
- Thompson: Emily Smith-Woolley
- Fuller-Scott: Karen Verweij
- Fulker: Jenae Neiderhiser and Valerie Knopik
- Dobzhansky: William G (Bill) Iacono
And we thank the following members who donated for travel bursaries: Anna Docherty and Michael Stallings.
Congratulations to the following people who were awarded at the BGA 2016 meeting!
- Rowe Award: Milana Smolkina
- Thompson Award: Robert Maier
- Fuller-Scott Award: Sara Hart
- Fulker Award: Daniel Briley
- Dobzhansky Award: Jaakko Kaprio
- Shields Award: John Hewitt
The EDGE (Examining Development, Genes, and Environments) Laboratory in the Departments of Psychology and African American Studies at Virginia Commonwealth University is recruiting a non-tenure track Research Associate (Instructor Rank). The purpose of this position will be to play a leadership role in the scientific management of a large portfolio of research projects, all of which have the broad goal of understanding how genetic and environmental influences contribute to the development of patterns of alcohol use and related behaviors, such as conduct problems and depression.
Want to become a behavioral geneticist? Look here for opportunities!
The BGA annual meeting was held in Brisbane, Australia, 21-23 June 2016, with local host Sarah Medland. This was the program!
More info about the meeting can be found HERE.
Follow this link to find some nice pictures of this year’s annual BGA meeting in San Diego, and previous ones in Marseille, Edinburgh and Newport!
Congratulations to the following people who were awarded at the BGA 2015 meeting!
- Rowe Award: Megan Flom
- Thompson Award: Baptiste Couvy-Duchesne
- Fuller-Scott Award: Paige Harden and Elliott Tucker-Drobb
- Fulker Award: Lindon Eaves
- Dobzhansky Award: Hill Goldsmith
- FABBS Early Career Award: Brian d’Onofrio
- Shields Award: Juko Ando
2015 BGA Annual Meeting, San Diego, California
The 2015 BGA meeting took place June 17-20 at the Omni Hotel in San Diego. Local hosts: Bill Kremen and Carol Franz.
Find here the 2015 program.
BGA 2014 was a successful and inspiring meeting! It was held from June 18 to June 21, 2014, in Charlottesville, Virginia (USA), with Eric Turkheimer as the local host. See here the Final Program.
BGA 2013 (June 28 – July 2)
BGA 2013 was hosted at Aix-Marseille University (France). Local hosts: Michele Carlier & Pierre Roubertoux.