Postdoctoral Fellow in Affective, Cognitive, and Aging Neuroscience
Degree and area of specialization:
Ph.D. in Neuroscience or Psychology
Experience in neuroimaging research in emotion, cognition, and/or aging preferred.
Minimum number of years and type of relevant work experience:
- Demonstrated experience in
- Experience with multi-modal imaging including functional, resting state, diffusion weighted, and structural
- Statistical acumen in analyzing neuroimaging data and programming
- Demonstrated experience in scientific communication including speaking and
- Excellent organizational, project management, interpersonal, writing and communication
- Adaptable; self-motivated.
- Team player who possesses a passion for CHM mission/core
- Some prior post-doctoral
- Experience with psychophysiological data including heart rate variability, skin conductance, pupilometry, and/or eye
The Center for Healthy Minds (CHM) was founded and is led by neuroscientist Richard J. Davidson. CHM’s mission is to cultivate well-being and relieve suffering through a scientific understanding of the mind. CHM is a leader in rigorous, interdisciplinary basic and translational research aimed at understanding the mind and how to nurture well-being in ourselves and others. CHM communicates these findings to the world, inspires scientists to conduct further research, and influences a shift in culture to embrace well-being.
The successful candidate will play a key role analyzing both extant and new neuroimaging data in relation to sociodemographic, behavioral, cognitive, and biomarker data from the Midlife in the US (MIDUS; http://midus.wisc.edu/) national longitudinal study.
Additional information: Expected position duration is two years with potential for renewal based on funding and performance.
UW-Madison is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer.
We promote excellence through diversity and encourage all qualified individuals to apply.
To apply please send cover letter and CV to: Mike Kelly, firstname.lastname@example.org, (608) 890-1