The position of a Project Co-ordinator has become available for 24 months from January 2023 at the Hungry Mind Lab (www.hungrymindlab.com) at the Department of Education at the University of York. The position is to support a research project awarded by the Nuffield Foundation to Prof Sophie von Stumm. The project’s aim is to study the role of children’s early-life language experiences in the transmission of family background inequality, and to disseminate the findings to various research stakeholders. The research focus is on understanding children’s developmental differences and charting how their early-life language experiences influence their later educational achievement and socio-emotional skills. This role would suit someone with a background in children’s early life development, language learning, or family inequality studies, with an interest in developing strong statistical skills, and the aim to complete a PhD in a social science discipline.
The Project Coordinator will support Prof Sophie von Stumm and a post-doctoral research fellow in all research tasks and the day-to-day running of the project. The Project Coordinator will receive training for each task and be supervised and supported throughout by Prof Sophie von Stumm and the project team.
Skills, Experience, and Qualification Needed
Skills, Experience & Qualification needed
- The successful candidate will have completed an undergraduate degree in psychology, genomics, linguistics, education, or a related discipline. An additional postgraduate qualification is desirable.
- The successful candidate will have prior experience in project coordination and administration, including high standard of written and verbal communication skills, excellent planning and organisational skills, and the ability to work as part of a team as well as independently.
- Experience in organising, coordinating, and hosting professional meetings is essential.
- Experience in handling transcripts of naturalistic speech samples, data cleaning and archiving, and rating schemes of dialects is desirable.
- Please see full details on the main qualifications, knowledge, skills, experience and qualifications essential to the post in the ‘person specification’ document
This post is available on a fixed term basis for 24 months from 3 January 2023
Full job announcement: https://jobs.york.ac.uk/vacancy/project-co-ordinator-491200.html
Interview date: To be confirmed
For informal enquiries: Please contact Prof Sophie von Stumm on email@example.com