The Cyprus Institute of Neurology and Genetics (CING), is an internationally recognised Centre of Excellence offering specialised services, translational research and postgraduate education in the fields of neurology, genetics, biomedical and medical sciences. This is probably the most successful model nowadays as it combines education, service and innovative research activities in one centre, providing major medical benefits to the people, society and the country. CING was one of the first, and today one of the best Institutes in Europe where postgraduate education, research and service have been successfully combined.
Our main aim is to improve continuously in order to lessen the suffering of patients and their families and prevent diseases through patient care, research and educational programs on neurological and genetic conditions such as muscular dystrophy, multiple sclerosis, epilepsy, chromosomal abnormalities and all other aspects of molecular biology and genetics such as thalassaemia, molecular virology, mental retardation, cardiovascular disease, stroke, cystic fibrosis and neurogenetics. Moreover, CING plays a key role in the fight against crime by providing specialized DNA services to the police authorities and expert court testimony for criminal and civil investigations.
We’re expanding our team of medical professionals and are looking for people, who share our vision and who will become part of our core team dedicated to upgrade the quality of life of our patients. CING is an excellent opportunity for medical professionals who are interested in combining medical practice with research and education.
We are currently seeking to recruit a Clinical Geneticist for its Clinical Genetics & Genomics Department of the Institute, based at the Institute’s premises in Nicosia, Cyprus.
The Department, acts as a reference centre for the whole of Cyprus and provides outpatients and inpatient care, diagnosis, management and counselling on the whole spectrum of genetic diseases. It’s an official member of the European Reference Networks, ERN-ITHACA and additionally, several research projects are carried out in collaboration with other departments at CING and other hospitals or clinics.
What you will be doing:
The suitable candidate will be part of the Clinical Genetics & Genomics Department as certified medical doctor trained in the diagnosis, treatment and management of genetic diseases. Additionally, he/she may engage in research and education.
The successful candidate will be accountable to the Senior Clinical Geneticist/Department Head.
What we are seeking:
· An MD degree with a sub specialty in Clinical Genetics; and
· Recognized board certification in Clinical Genetics; and
· License or eligible for license from the Pancyprian Medical Association; and
· Knowledge of clinical operations and procedures; and
· Supervisory skills; and
· Command of the Greek and English languages; and
What we offer:
· Highly collaborative culture
· A CHKS accredited outpatient and inpatient centre with specialized clinics and laboratories functioning as a national referral centre for neurological disorders
· Participation in the European Reference Networks (ERNs)
· Cutting-edge basic and clinical neuroscience & clinical genetics research and top-notch facilities at the Institute
· Opportunities for advancement as an academic:
– Research infrastructure and resources are allocated including dedicated lab space and research staff
– Opportunities to participate in the activities of the post-graduate School of the Institute as Faculty member (supervision of MSc/PhD students and teaching in the School’s programs)
· An attractive compensation package and other benefits will be offered to the successful candidate, including a competitive relocation package for people who will be relocating to Cyprus for the purposes of taking up employment at the Institute.
How to apply:
A cover letter and a detailed curriculum vitae and names of two referees should reach the Institute by 11/02/22 by e-mail at: firstname.lastname@example.org. Contact person for further information.
The Cyprus Institute of Neurology and Genetics is an equal opportunities employer