Student Travel Awards for the 2022 meeting of the Behavior Genetics Association are due by April 4, 2022 at 11:59pm Los Angeles time (Pacific Daylight Time, US). Applicants will be notified of their award status by April 15, 2022. Awards will be based on perceived need and scholarly merit. The number of fellowships awarded and amount of each award will be determined by the Program Chair (President-Elect). Please note that no geographical constraints apply to eligibility for the awards. To be eligible for a fellowship, applicants must:
1) Be an associate member of BGA or be in the process of applying for membership (i.e., an application for associate membership must be submitted on or before March 28, 2022). NOTE: Travel awards are intended to support predoctoral associate members. In rare instances (e.g. recent graduation), a postdoctoral applicant may be considered, however, in general, postdoctoral members are encouraged to apply for regular membership upon graduation.
2) Submit an abstract by April 4, 2022.
3) Agree to attend substantially all of the BGA meeting if funds are awarded.
4) Submit a C.V. and include a copy of the abstract with the application materials.
5) Submit a letter of endorsement from the associate member’s adviser/sponsor which addresses (a) the applicant’s orientation toward a career that incorporates behavioral genetics; (b) the applicant’s financial need for the award; and (c) how residual costs of attending the conference will be covered. Endorsement letter may be included with the other materials or emailed separately by the adviser/sponsor.
6) Present a poster or oral paper (as first author) at the meeting.
All applicants should send a copy of the abstract, along with a C.V. and letter of endorsement from a sponsor to the Program Chair, Lis DiLalla (email@example.com) by April 4, 2022. Applicants will be notified of their award status by April 19, 2022.