Welcome to the new BGA website! We have made several changes to the site to make dues renewals, conference abstract submissions, and conference registration easier and more user-friendly.
One major change is that all new and renewing members must open a Member account in order to pay dues, submit abstracts, and pay conference registration. We have included instructions on how to open this account below.
Please note that when you open your account, you will be required to update your contact information. This step ensures that we have the most up-to-date information on file for you and your membership.
Our new website allows us to offer several new membership options for our members. You can visit the Membership Categories page for more information on these options. However, two new options deserve note:
- Regular and Emeritus Members are now able to sign up for automatic dues renewal. This feature is free to members, and it allows members to have their BGA membership automatically renewed on the date that they originally paid dues/signed up for auto-renew. The credit card on file in PayPal for the member will be charged, and the member will automatically receive the early dues fee (i.e., they will never pay late fees). An email will be sent to the member each year to notify him/her of the automatic dues renewal. Please note that this feature is not available to our Associate Members, as these members will change membership status (i.e., become Regular Members) over the course of their membership, with a corresponding change in fees and membership category.
Instructions for Renewing Your Dues
Before you can renew your dues, you must first re-set your password. Because you are a past/current BGA member, you are already in the system, and a temporary password was set up for you. To move forward, you must first re-set the password, and then log in to renew your dues. Detailed instructions on how to do this are below.
Step #1: Re-Set Your Password
- Visit the password reset page.
- Enter in the email address you use for your BGA account, or the email address at which you received the notice about BGA dues renewal.
- You will receive an email with a link to reset your password — click the link or visit the URL.
- Enter a new password and hit submit.
- You can now login using your email and new password.
Step #2: Renew Your BGA Membership
- Check out the new membership options on the Members Categories page.
- Login to your account.
- Visit the My Account Page.
- Input your current contact information.
- Click on the Green Button that says “Renew Your Membership”.
- Select the membership you would like to have.
- Complete your registration and payment via PayPal.